benniesposito.com Forum Index benniesposito.com
In memory of Benni Esposito

FAQFAQ     SearchSearch       RegisterRegister     ProfileProfile     Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages     Log inLog in  

Benni's Lost Works

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wee Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Benni's Lost Works Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Benni's painting fascinated my by it's sensitivity, sensuality and sheer quality. Benni was not a spiritual person as such, but his works had a certain spirituality to them.

A few years ago Benni painted six full body portraits for an exhibition and I was privelaged to be one of his subjects. After the exhibition Benni realised he didn't like the body and cut it down to a head & shoulders. In true artiste spirit Benni's art was dreamt up, dealt out and forgotten about immediately, so in one of our last conversations he told me he couldn't remember what he did with the painting.

If it's around I would be very honoured if I could buy this painting. So if anyone comes across a portrait of a blonde haired, blue eyed guy wearing a brown top, please advise.

You may be interested in the below e-mail I recieved from a Mr Simon Dessain a few days after I had Benni's obituary printed in The List. ( BTW, Martin, I have a copy for you. Perhaps you could e-mail me privatley with your address.)

All the best,

Sandy.

"I was very sad to read the letter about Benni in The List.

I am glad that you wrote the letter and that is was published.

In the event anyone is collecting an index of his works we do have one large oil by him of our 4 children with a dreamlike rural background – we live near Arbroath.

Simon Dessain"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    benniesposito.com Forum Index -> Art Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: