benniesposito.com Forum Index benniesposito.com
In memory of Benni Esposito

FAQFAQ     SearchSearch       RegisterRegister     ProfileProfile     Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages     Log inLog in  

Benni's Loves and Hates
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    benniesposito.com Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miquette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few other ones are Hell's Kitchen, Big Brother and "im a celebrity get me out of here"
Benni used to come up to mines with olives and juice and we would watch im a celeb and just giggle or gag(if insect eating was involved).. also i had a craving for carrot cake for a week or something and he brought a slice up for me , it was really sound of him it was the best bit of carrot cake i've tasted in my life.I miss those visits he was the first person to sample my home made hummous it turned out really bad though and we tried to make fallafel out of it instead what a disaster.
Another time he told me this hilarious story about him sitting on the toilet doing a s##t and his mum pretended there was a spider behind him on the wall so he jumped up from the toilet and sh't on the floor . hahaa still makes me giggle.
GrahamP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He loved 'Mutiny on the Bounty' too - especially the Charles Laughton version. He wasn't generally a film fan but the films he liked, he loved.
GrahamP

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was also a huge fan of Roy Chubby Brown and could quote vast swathes of his material at will!
GrahamP

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He loved the 'Carry On' series.

He particularly related to Sid James's characters - who Benni was not entirely dissimilar to in certain respects!
martin esposito
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benni was a big J. R. R. Tolkien fan. in fact, i have a really old box set of 'The Lord of thge Rings' which i 'borrowed' from benni years ago. he also owned most of Tolkien's other books including the Tolkien companion and a really cool map of middle earth.

he also really liked the cartoon version of 'the fellowship of the ring' and used to watch it endlessly when he was younger. not actually sure what he thought of the new films, am sure he must have seen them but i can't remember ever speaking to him about them.
GrahamP

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember one of Benni's favourite books was 'The History of the Third Reich' by Albert Speer.

Benni was very well-informed and had an excellent knowledge of history, Mussolini was another interest of his, he relished his Italian connection!
miquette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: back in Fundee Reply with quote

i have been away from Fundee for 4 months(used to call it Dumpdee until now i get benni's point, thats it's not such a bad wee place after all!) and im just back, glad to see the site is still going strong! he has a big impact on many people's life's and i just wish i could meet him now for a pint to tell him all about my travels and to have a laugh, miss him millions. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    benniesposito.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: