benniesposito.com Forum Index benniesposito.com
In memory of Benni Esposito

FAQFAQ     SearchSearch       RegisterRegister     ProfileProfile     Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages     Log inLog in  

BENNI FORUM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    benniesposito.com Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin esposito
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: BENNI FORUM! Reply with quote

hi,
welcome to the benni esposito web site. firstly, my mum, my sister and i would like to thank everyone for their kind messages and offers of support since bennis tragic death. the response has been phenomenal and rather overwhelming. it has been a great, great comfort to know that so many people cared hor him so deeply.

from the response, it has been obvious to us that everyone is keen to ensure that bennis name is never forgotten, and that his life should be celebrated. this has led to lot of discussion as to what would be the best way to achieve this.

a number of projects appear to be developing. There is going to be a trust fund set up in bennis name which will award a yearly prize to a student at the duncan of jordanstone art college. there is also talk of a live music evening being held in dundee later on in the year. in addition to this, there will almost certainly be a future exhibition of bennis art.

this web site is another of these projects and there are plans to develop this over the coming months. we eventually hope to have a biograghy, some of bennis comedy and a gallery of his paintings avaliable to view.

at the moment the forum has been set up so anyone who wants to share some stories of benni, leave messages, catch up with old friends or simply have a chat can do quite easily. we would especially like to thank wayne taylor who has made this forum possible.

hope to speak to you all soon,

martin x.
GrahamP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Hi Martin Reply with quote

Great to have this forum, though it still feels surreal speaking about Benni in the past tense. So much has happened in the last month that Benni would have had something funny to say about, from Bez winning Big Brother to Charles and Camilla.

So many times I've wanted to speak to Benni and it's taken a few seconds to click in that it's not possible, or seen someone in the street who reminds me of him. Last time I saw him we went to see 'Dodgeball' at the cinema - I saw an advert the other day that it's out on DVD, then it'll be on Sky, then on tv, all the while it gets further and further away from me and Benni watching it on the Holloway Road waiting for the Hasselhoff cameo. The march of time is an awful thing when there are memories you don't want to be any further away.

Good to see you and Jo last weekend Martin, hope to see you sometime soon.
Wee Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How fantastic that this forum exists. As you say, Martin, it is very important to keep Benni's memory alive.

My girlfriend, Caroline, is an artist and I was looking forward to her getting to know Benni. Unfortunaley she only met him once, but I am very, very glad that she did. She has spent the past 15 years designing and making jewellery, but she has now picked up the paint brush again, inspired in part by Benni's works and his attitude to making sure you do with your life as you desire.

Looking forward to any events in Dundee. I haven't quite taken in the reality of the situation, so hopefully a few beers in "Fundee" will bring it home.

Love & Librty,

Sandy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    benniesposito.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: